Sunday 26 June 2016

Introverts in the Classroom



One of the big parts of my discussion forum and course I am taking is about introversion vs extroversion and how to deal with these types of personalities.

It has been very topical.for me since I have started my latest class.  I naively set out to push my class towards studying in a group for 6 hours a week to review for their test.

Wow was there ever a pushback!  I took some students aside who i could see were immediately uncomfortable with the idea and the common theme they gave me was that they didnt like working in groups.  One student was adamant that he didnt want to study gave me 30 minutes worth of reasons why he didnt want to do it.  And he made some good points.

The lesson I learned from this was that I need to learn to grow my activities and lesson plans with introverts in mind.

Since I have in class activities and lessons for review as an option, group out of class study groups as an option, and if you want to study alone you can do that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment