Tuesday 21 June 2016

Coffee is on!


In my constant effort to make my classroom is comfortable and as happy a place as possible I decided to start a coffee pool. The idea is that I bought the coffee on myself and that all the students would bring in a can of coffee sugar and some coffee whitener to get us through the seven weeks that the course is put on. When I suggested the coffee whitener some of the students immediately looked off put by the idea and suggested proper cream. I inform them we don't have a refrigerator to put the cream into and I don't have one and I don't have the money to buy one. One of the students immediately piped up and said that he had one in his garage that he wasn't using and he was more than happy to bring it in and give it to the class. So now we have fresh coffee in the morning made and ready to go. This is a really simple and easy way to make the class a place that people are happy to come in and participate in on a daily basis and not feel like it's a place that they have to go but a place that they want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment